1. New MOTD (Message of the Day).
Real MOTD. It shows
- Who's on
- The real time
- The current Minecraft day. I don't how it got this. Maybe it's stored somewhere in the world file or something. But wow! 13,000 days is 266,400 minutes which is 4440 hours which is 185 days which means that it started counting Sunday, May 15, 2011. That's probably about the time that I got a Bukkit server.
- The gamemode
- Your coordinates
- What biome your in
- And basic commands
- /news (SimpleNews) Will give you categories of news to choose from. Think of it as a bulletin board to a specific topic. The two topics that I have up right now are newplugins, which will tell you what plugins have recently been added, and general, which is just general news. To go to a specific topic type /news newplugins or whatever the category is. Check them often!
This is what you get when you type /news
This is what you get when you go to a news category
- MTape. This is a really simple plugin. Just type /mtape help to learn how to use it.
- Pyraetopedia. Even if you can't pronounce it, this plugin could come in handy. Type /what is blah and it will search Wikipedia for the answer.
- This plugin is the one I'm most excited about and it's called Dynmap. What this does is it puts a live updating map of your world online. This includes moving people as well. And just to be clear, when you place a block down on this map, you will see it added to the map in real time. You can go to this map via a web browser by typing 18.104.22.168:8123 into your address bar. Whats also neat is that you can chat via the web browser and people in game will see it.
And that's it, I think. Enjoy all the new things. Remember to give suggestions by using the /suggest command.