Monday, May 23, 2011

Painterly Pack Updated: New Textures, New Download Method

Hey Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I guess I've been busy playing Minecraft...

Anyway, of course more textures have been moved around. I'm going to have to change stuff again soon, though, because 1.6 is coming this week! (Those new hatch textures are going to be sweet...). Along with new textures, I also have noticed that along with Windows users, Mac users (Like myself) couldn't get the pack to work when downloading it from Dropbox (Which is what hosted the download). I think it may be something to do with two folders being zipped up into the same file (One of them was a folder called something like "MAC OS X" or something like that. It's probably equivalent to the trash folders on Windows thumbdrives). So, here are the steps needed to obtain my Painterly Pack (These steps are updated on all of my Youtube videos):


Want to download my custom Painterly Pack?: http://db.tt/nTUQeNb (.txt File)
Password Input Page: http://bit.ly/mJx6dM
How to download the actual .zip file:
1. Download and open the .txt file above
2. Copy all of the characters in that file
3. Go to the "Password Input Page" above
4. Paste the characters into the text box and click "Load this Pack!"
5. A page should come up with all my custom textures. You can either:
a) Continue to the bottom of the page and click "Create my Painterly Pack!"
b) Edit my textures and further customize it yourself. Then you can follow step "A"
6. After the pack has downloaded, move it into the folder for your operating system (Make sure Minecraft isn't open!):
Windows XP/Vista/7: %AppData%\.minecraft\texturepacks
Linux: ~/.minecraft/texturepacks
Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/texturepacks
(Courtesy of Minecraft Wiki, Link Below)
7. Start up Minecraft, click on "Mods and Texture Packs" and select my pack from the list. Enjoy!


I'll work more on those high-res pictures now,

- Aidan

No comments:

Post a Comment