Sunday, October 21, 2012

Summer, etc.

So today I went on a walk.

A long walk.

I walked to the park down the street. I then went on the bike trail and sat behind my girlfriend's house for a while. Then I walked to another park.

What I was thinking about the whole time:

I miss my girlfriend.

More specifically, I miss Summer.

I miss how we'd go to the park every week.

I miss how I'd go up to her door and she'd greet me with a hug. We'd then take some water bottles, some blankets, and walk to the park, her hand in mine.

We'd come to our spot, lay down on the blanket, and we’d lay together mostly. The sun filtered through the trees above us and the breeze blessed us with it's sweet, cool air. I'd hold her and kiss her and tell her I love her and how beautiful she is. She'd sometimes get up and run around for me to catch her and hold her. Other times, she would be on my chest smiling her sweet smile and I'd look at her and lay my head down, closing my eyes and smiling and I'd feel content. Then we'd walk back, holding hands or with our arms around each other, to her house and she'd kiss me and I'd get on my bike to go home.

I also miss how she would act like a kitty; how she would meow and avoid water.
How she would be so concerned while I was on a ledge; how she worried for my safety.
I miss her, "I love you"s.

I miss there being no stress, no work, nothing to do but love each other and have fun.

I really miss those days.

I really do.

I went past both of our spots. I laid down in one spot and imagined her their. There was another couple in our other spot. They were happy.

And when I stood at the back of her house and I knew she was in there, I felt better knowing she was there; that she was tangible.

However, I can't test her tangibility.

She might as well be a memory or an apparition. I want to hold her again and tell her I love her.

I'd also like to go to the park again with her someday. So I can relive those beautiful Summer days that I long for so much.

So that's what's been going through my mind. I've felt sad over this but I'm feeling better. I hope I can see her soon.

Only 7 months 30 days 3 hours until next Summer.

- Aidan

No comments:

Post a Comment